Last modified on May 7, 2020
NEDA CITIZEN’S MANUAL
For processing of Freedom of Information (FOI) requests pursuant to Executive Order no. 2, series of 2016.
AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE
Monday to Friday, except holidays, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
ASSIGNED STAFF AND LOCATION
Ground Floor, NEDA Bldg., 12 Saint Josemaria Escriva Drive, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605
Botanical Garden, Leonard Wood , Baguio City, Province of Benguet.
2500 Guererro Road, San Fernando City, Province of La Union.
NEDA Bldg. Complex Regional Government Center, Carig, Tuguegarao City, Province of Cagayan.
NEDA Region III Diosdado Macapagal Government Center (DMGC) Maimpis, City of San Fernando, Pampanga.
4th Floor Marcelita Bldg. Brgy. Real, Calamba City, Province of Laguna.
2nd Flo or, Paras Building, J.P. Rizal Street, San Vicente South, Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro.
Arimbay, Legazpi City, Province of Albay.
Fort San Pedro, Iloilo City, Province of Iloilo.
NEDA Region 7, Government Center, Sudlon, Lahug, Cebu City, Province of Cebu.
Government Center, Candahug, Palo District, Province of Leyte.
Provincial Government Center, Dao, Pagadian City, Zamboanga del Sur.
RDC-X Building, Comer Capistrano-Echem Streets, Cagayan de Oro City.
NEDA-RDC XI Center Km. 7, SPED Area, Bangkal, Davao City, Province of Davao del Sur.
Regional Government Center, Carpenter Hill 9506 Koronadal City, South Cotabato.
NEDA CARAGA, Nimfa Tiu Bldg., J.P. Rosales Ave., Butuan City, Province of Agusan del Norte.
- Letter request document addressed to the Secretary of Socioeconomic Planning, attention: Development Information Staff, stating the following:
- Clear identification of the information/data/document requested
- Reason/s for or purpose of the request
- Complete contact information of the requestor
- Photocopy of one (1) valid government-iss ued ID with photo
- For a request submitted through a representative, the latter must present an Authorization Letter and photocopies of one (1) government-issued ID with photo for both the requestor and representative.
PROCEDURE FOR REQUESTS SUBMITTED PERSONALLY
|1||Register with the lobby guard||2 minutes||Requestor/authorized representative|
|2||Submit letter request||2 minutes||Requestor/authorized representative|
|3||Receive letter request and assignment of tracking number||3 minutes||DIS/NRO||The DIS/NRO shall enter the request into the Request Tracking System and assign a corresponding tracking number a corresponding tracking number
The DIS/NRO shall check the request for compliance with the following requirements:
a. The request must be in writing
b. The request shall state the name and contact information of the requesting party , as well as provide valid proof of identification or auth orization; and
c. The request shall reasonably describe the information requested , and the reason for, or purpose of, the request for information.The DIS/NRO shall also check whether the information is already accessible to the public through the NEDA Website; Open Data Website ; eFOI.gov.ph.Does not pertain to the 15- day period given to government agencies to respond to (dispose of) FOI requests.If the DIS/NRO reverts the request to the requestor based on a formal defect in the requ est, a fresh 15-day period shall be observed from the receipt of the amended request. Should the requestor send a perfected request. the time remaining of the 15-day period to respond shalI commence to run.lf the requested information/data /document is available in the NEDA Website ; in the Open Data Website , or the eFOI.gov.ph , the DIS/NRO shall respond to the requestor with the proper link directing the requestor to the information/data/document. If the request is complete in form, and the information/data /document requested cannot be found in the NEDA Website or Open Data Website or eFOI.gov.ph , the DIS/NRO shall endorse the request to the CO.ln case of approval of the request, the DIS/NRO shall inform the requestor of any actual expenses incurred in reproducing /copying the requested data/in formation / document, to be reimbursed by the requestor.
|4||Initial evaluation of request||Within 24 hours from receipt of request||DIS/NRO|
|5||Initial response to request||DIS/NRO|
|6||Process of clearance of information/data/documents||Within 15 working days from receipt of request||Clearance Officers/Sector Staffs/Head of Agency|
|7||Notice to the requesting party of the approval or denial of request||Within 15 working days from receipt of request||DIS/NRO|
REQUESTS SENT VIA EMAIL
Requests may be sent through email by filing a scanned copy of the F01 request and valid government-issued ID with photo must be sent to the DIS/NRO. An email acknowledging receipt of the request shall be sent to the requestor. The 15-day period to dispose of the request shall commence on the date of sending of such acknowledgment receipt
INABILITY TO MAKE A WRITTEN REQUEST
In case of inability of the requesting party to make a written request arising from illiteracy or a physical disability, he or she may make an oral request, and the DIS/NROs shall reduce it in writing
REQUEST FOR EXTENSION
The NEDA may request for an extension of 20 working days to resolve an FOI request. Any request for extension shall be sent to the requestor prior to the lapse of the initial 15-day period given to the Agency to process an FOI request.
- The denial of a request may be appealed within 15 calendar days from notice of denial or from the lapse of the period to respond to the request
- The Appeal shall be in writing, addressed to the following:
NEDA Bldg., 12 Saint Josemaria Escriva Drive,
Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605
- The Central Appeals Committee, which is composed of three (3) officials with a rank not lower than an Assistant Director-General or its equivalent, shall evaluate the appeal and submit its recommendation to the Secretary of Socioeconomic Planning , who shall decide on the Appeal.
- All Appeals shall be resolved within 15 working days from receipt of the same.
- The denial of the appeal may be further appealed to the Office of the President pursuant to Administrative Order No. 22, S. 2011.
- Upon exhaustion of administrative appeal remedies, the requesting party may file the appropriate judicial action in accordance with the Rules of Court.
- Reasonable cost of Reproduction of Information. The DIS/NRO shall immediately notify the requesting party of the cost of reproduction of the requested information.
- Schedule of Fees. The prevailing rate for Reproduction and Photocopying cost may be changed and announce depending on the current rates.
Domestic Reproduction of Information is Php 2.00 per page.